Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Voice for the Highgrounds Player Community
I am concerned that Highgrounds has not received the developer attention that a game of its caliber deserves. It would break my heart to see Highgrounds waste away due simply to a lack of upkeep. So, I am stepping forward on behalf of currently active Highgrounds players, and volunteering to be an advocate for our community. I hope that Highgrounds will receive more attention from its developers if we have someone maintaining an active dialogue with HSG staff. My platform is simple: I will advocate for improvements that are in the best interest of the Highgrounds community as a whole, and that will best insure the viability of Highgrounds going forward. If there are no objections, then I will formally petition HSG for increased product support for Highgrounds on behalf of our player community.

I have praised Heart Shaped Games in the past for their excellent customer service. It would be very unfortunate if they developed a reputation for abandoning their projects. I hope Heart Shaped Games is willing to accept responsibility for maintaining Highgrounds and is willing to consider our requests for vital repairs and community driven improvements. If so, then in return I will make an effort to conscientiously limit my recommendations to the most "cost effective" improvements -- the simplest design and programming solutions that would produce the greatest benefit.

Critically speaking 95% of online games are total rubbish and not worth our time. Highgrounds is clearly an exceptional game. It is a well designed, challenging, and addictive game that is chocked full of potential. Unfortunately, it has been sorely neglected for the past couple of years. My hope is to spark renewed interest in this project from the game's developers. I understand that the focus of Heart Shaped Games has shifted to their new game. However, this is no excuse to abandon those of us who have supported Heart Shaped Games in its infancy, and continue to maintain an enduring love for Highgrounds! I urge the HSG team to commit just 10-20% of their programming efforts into repairing and building out Highgrounds. Such a measured move should not harm the roll-out of 'Generations', yet it would do wonders for boosting the quality of Highgrounds and renewing our faith in Heart Shaped Games as a company that appreciates its user base, and provides long-term support for its products.

About me:
Highgrounds is my favorite pastime. I play roughly 15-20 hours per week. I joined shortly after the last major release in 2015, so I got in at the peak of activity. I wish to see Highgrounds grow in popularity. Given the proper attention, I believe it will. I never exploit the game's bugs or imbalanced units. I often initiate friendly chats with my opponents in game. Sometimes I even role-play a bit. IRL I own a community radio station, so I understand the importance of public relations and the challenges of running a small business. I am also an amateur programmer. I designed and coded the automation software that runs my station, and a custom HTML editor for updating our websites, as well as a few other unrelated software programs. So, I also have a thorough understanding of computer programming. I wish to remain anonymous for now, because I am offering to speak on behalf of the Highgrounds player community as a whole. Which player I am is not important. I simply desire that Highgrounds reach its full potential. The concerns I will raise with HSG staff will be those supported by the most active players. If there are any player objections to my proposals, then I promise to make an effort to formulate a consensus whenever possible. Though, honestly, I don't expect my recommendations to be controversial. For transparency sake I will post all of my recommendations publicly in the High Grounds forum. Wish me luck, guys!
Never argue with a hobgoblin. It'll just amuse him more.
I want this process to be as inclusive as possible. I have started the thread Forming an Agenda. There I hope we can hammer out an agenda for the first proposal. I have contacted several other very active players using in-game chat. A few have expressed a willingness to participate in this process. I hope they will join the forum. I would prefer to discuss solutions on a public medium where everyone can read over our deliberations. However, if more players don't join the forum soon, then I may try soliciting a few more opinions in-game prior to drafting the first proposal. I hope to present Heart Shaped Games with our first proposal by next week.
Hi LH, I really appreciate this thread, and I've responded to your main question with a different thread here: http://heartshapedgames.com/forums/showt...p?tid=2765

I wanted to put the response in a separate thread, as I think many other players share your same questions. Thanks for your passion for the game, and your interest in seeing it improved.

-Scott
Founder, Lead Designer on Hero Generations
http://www.twitter.com/brodiegames
(03-15-2017, 03:44 PM)scott Wrote: Hi LH, I really appreciate this thread, and I've responded to your main question with a different thread here: http://heartshapedgames.com/forums/showt...p?tid=2765

I wanted to put the response in a separate thread, as I think many other players share your same questions. Thanks for your passion for the game, and your interest in seeing it improved.

-Scott

Thank you for supporting my effort, Scott! And, thank you for opening up to us regarding the status of development. I still hope we can form a solution that would require minimum resources on your part.