Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An issue with the new player experience that the community can resolve.
New players have a difficult time winning pvp matches, particularly those in timed matches since there isn't a matchmaking algorithm in place. I recommend that frustrated new players should play ghost matches so they can learn the foundations of the game and gather some currency and units. Ghost decks, or the first deck that players have in their deck screen, are often abusive and very aggressive. I don't get why people set aggro decks as their ghost deck. Veteran players can beat them without thinking, (I regularly grind 500 matches every time broken shield comes out without paying attention to the game,) so we aren't challenged by aggro decks. New players, however, tend to get destroyed by these decks since their armies aren't refined, and they aren't in a position to fight aggro decks. Unlike King of the Hill, there are no glitches to keep your points without resetting the event in ghost matches, so new players are screwed if they face a single aggro deck in one of their 3 dailies.

Tl ;dr: ask that the community stop setting their ghost deck as any form of an aggro deck. They don't challenge veterans, but heavily punish new players and make their gameplay experience nearly impossible to progress.
My ghost deck is a sucky one, it is basically a Helm City + Tally, so I'm pretty sure that the A.I play very poorly with it.

The other thing about new comers, is that we really need to get a match making algorithm, for people saying that is is not fair, I mean what else do you expected? A veteran have put a lot of time on this game, it will be unfair if a new player could be able to beat us. Now I'm not saying that "They" can't beat us, but you know, it will be ridiculous if that was the case, that is why we really need a matchmaking algorithm for it, instead of putting a handicap on Level difference.
Dear Sasajiro,
I agree with you! Exept that... a glitch exists! When you are going to lose a ghost match, you can refresh the page and you will be able to restart the match from the beginning!
We should teach it to new players, when we meet them!
@Toorico, if I recall correctly, untimed matches have a matchmaking algorithm. I don't usually play those, though, so someone can correct that if I am wrong.

@Nono, huh. I did not know that. Certainly spread that information around.
Sasajiro: Wait.... really? you did not do that? I have always cheat it my ghost battle like that from the beginning!!!! LOL
Haha, yeah. I abuse the glitch in multiplayer since I don't like playing tier 1 decks every game, (I still do sometime,) but I rarely need it in ghost matches.
Man.... still angry at the stupid combo of Lanir + Commander (2 attack + 2 rampage) + Flip.... can beat it.... T_____T
(04-18-2017, 02:06 AM)toorico Wrote: Man.... still angry at the stupid combo of Lanir + Commander (2 attack + 2 rampage) + Flip.... can beat it....  T_____T

Lanir, commander without defense, and flip means that their front row is vulnerable to mass wound effects. Hit them with a Spike or Rune.
(04-18-2017, 02:15 AM)Sasajiro Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 02:06 AM)toorico Wrote: Man.... still angry at the stupid combo of Lanir + Commander (2 attack + 2 rampage) + Flip.... can beat it....  T_____T

Lanir, commander without defense, and flip means that their front row is vulnerable to mass wound effects. Hit them with a Spike or Rune.

Problem is that he put a combination of: Grom + gernt, and can easily put a couple of hardens. And it only take him around 3-4 turns to have a set up, no time to answer back too it.

I try with my fast wounding deck, not even that stop him, since in that match, he got a lanir and his commander in turn 4
I know that I have already say this before.... but commander with attack + Rampage + double Lanir is so..... op and dumb.... for real.... hate it.....